Student Travel Grants Available:
Ten travel grants up to $1,500 each will be awarded. The eligible IEEE-PES student members with accepted papers will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis. The deadline for application completion is January 15, 2019.
- Register at the early bird rate. Registration opens August 1, 2018.
- Provide acceptance confirmation of conference paper submitted as the lead author.
- Download and complete the travel grant application form. Click here to download the application guidelines and the student travel grant application.
- Submit the completed application form and the required recommendation by a supervising professor to Dr. Andrea Kishne, email@example.com with the subject line: Application for SGSMA 2019 Student Travel Grant. Remember that travel grants to students with accepted papers will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis, so be sure to submit your application as soon as possible.
Each travel grant (totaling up to $1,500) will reimburse students for the early bird registration fee and cover the hotel accommodation in shared conference hotel rooms booked by the organizers. Additionally, it may offset the recipient’s expenses such as airfare, ground transportation and meals. More information on the reimbursement process will be provided to the travel grant recipients.
Evaluation and Notification:
- The applications will be evaluated by an ad-hoc committee by January 30, 2019.
- Notifications will be sent by email to the applicants by February 15, 2019.
Student Travel Grant Contact
Dr. Andrea Kishne
Use the following subject line: Question on SGSMA 2019 Student Travel Grant